These circles are open to anyone interested in learning about the topic of the class. Classes may be held in a more traditional classroom setting, and could involve some type of cost. After reading the descriptions below, if you wish to join one of these classes, go to inFellowship, search for Classes under Categories, find the circle you want, and sign up.
If there is a class fee, this can be paid online by clicking registration link in the class description below. (Alternately, you can pick up a Registration & Payment Form at the Information Desk and complete this in person.) Once registered, you can login to inFellowship, click on the tab “Your Groups” and communicate with the instructor or other participants in the class. If you have any questions along the way, just contact circles(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)cedarbrookchurch.net.
Have you ever:
- Avoided attending a small group because you feel you have a lack of biblical knowledge?
- Been raised in church, yet feel you don’t have an understanding of the big picture of the Bible?
- Ever wished you knew the stories your kids were talking about after CB Kids?
- Longed to have someone lead you in a casual, non-judgmental, all-questions-answered walk-through of Bible highlights?
Guess what? So have many others! We hope you’ll join us in this friendly, spirit led environment where we’ll learn together and know God better.
Bible will be available during class. To join this class, login to inFellowship, search for “Classes” under Categories, select “Bible 101” and sign up!
This class is for those who want to take their Bible study to the next level in the most efficient way possible, using the Olive Tree Bible app. To learn more about the app go to olivetree.com and click on the Support tab, or check out the Olive Tree Bible channel on YouTube.
Why the Olive Tree app?
- Cost. The basic Bible app is free. They have several public domain resources (like the Matthew Henry Commentary and the Easton Dictionary) that are available for free download. Also, Olive Tree has weekly sales. So with a little patience, you can get some popular resources at a bargain price.
- Huge catalog. They have most of the study bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, atlases, devotionals, etc., on the market today.
- The Resource Guide and Split Window. With a Bible text open in the main window, the resource guide in the split window will show every entry pertaining to that passage of scripture from your whole library and will organize it in an easy to find format.
- Multiple Platforms. They have apps available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, and android phones and tablets. Your notes, highlights, etc., will sync across all platforms.
This class offers two ways two learn and study:
- Self Study – for those proficient with technology and confident they can learn on their own at their own pace, I encourage you to do so.
- Online – There will be a Facebook group page that you can join to ask any questions or deal with any problems you encounter in a timely fashion. Sign up for the circle in inFellowship for information on how to join the Facebook group.
To join this circle and gain access to the online class through Facebook, login to inFellowship, search for “Classes” under Categories, select “Olive Tree” and sign up!