Going Deeper: use the following questions for personal reflection and/or to discuss with family, friends and small group.
1. What comes to mind when you hear the word, “BLESS?”
2. What comes to mind when you hear the word, “Evangelism?” Compare your two reactions. Is there a difference? If so, why is that?
3. Read Genesis 12:1-4. List out everything that God promised he would do with Abram. What is the purpose of these promises?
4. As you reflect on your life, what are the blessings that God has given you that you can share with others? (possibilities: your talent, your money, your listening ear and concern, your wisdom, your faith and encouragement, your cabin, ability to work hard, etc.).
5. In John 4, it mentions that Jesus HAD to go through Samaria. Remy mentioned his to-do list…things he HAS to do. What’s on your to-do list? How much time do you spend on your to-do list compared to spending time blessing others?
6. Read Isaiah 1:1-25, giving special attention to vss. 17, 21-23. What made God so upset with them?
7. How did Remy define “injustice?”
8. How can you use some of the time that you devote to your to-do list to bless others? Who are the people whom God might want you to bless?