Going Deeper: Use the following questions for personal reflection and/or to discuss with family, friends and small group.
Sunday, July 15th, 2018
- Did anything strike you/stand out from the message?
- How do people often “twist the truth” in regard to suffering and tragedy?
- Do you believe that tragedy is random and can happen at any time to anyone?
- Why is it dangerous to try to “connect the dots” from a tragedy to make sense of it?
- Do you know anyone who turn against God, or away from him, because of tragedy? How did that play out in their life?
- The apostle Paul had a different take on suffering. Read Romans 8:18-27 and 2 Corinthians 2:16-18. Paul talked about three seasons: Creation, The End Time, and then our present time. How can understanding what happened in the past and what will happen in the future give us hope now?
- Do you know anyone who handled a tragedy well emotionally? How did that look?
- Imagine a tragedy happening in your life. How would you like to handle it?